Monday, October 22, 2012








In this series I attempted to portray some type of meaning or emotion through capturing toy subjects. I used images from books and computers as backgrounds for the toy characters. While taking these pictures I found that I made little stories in my head and already knew what I wanted to do with the characters after I took a picture. Although not all the pictures relate together, when they are side by side they form overarching themes such as power, forbidden love, and friendship.

6 comments:

  1. I really like these pictures. You created compelling stories in each shot. However, the background in the last few pictures is a little distracting from whats actually happening with the figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Marcus! I like how you strive to convey a more humorous theme in this set by placing characters that would not normally go together. I also like how you experimented with color and made the first three images black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the background in the second half of your photos. they add an element of surrealism that nobody else attempted, mixing childhood memories with psychedelic imagery, war, and a loss of innocence. i think the first two dont have very much contrast although i like the mundane subject matter. and the third photo is quite romantic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting choice of background. It gave a very sci-fi, fantasy sort of feel that is very unique, and an interesting approach to the theme this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your third photo of the two toys hugging. there is an emotional feeling from it, which can be hard to do in photography, let alone with toys. The backgrounds you used were interesting and made me think about the intention of each picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed your photos. i think that you did a very good job of making certain scenarios that worked well with the backgrounds that you chose. i really like your 6th photo. I really liked the background you chose.

    ReplyDelete