Monday, March 18, 2013

90's Childhood Series 4!







In this series revision I attempted to use the softening effect, film stock, as well as continuing the polaroid and time machine filters on pic monkey. In this revision I tried to capture objects that are very relevant to my childhood individually, but may also illuminate a nostalgic feeling for the viewers. For example, Chip and dale was one of my favorite cartoons, and underneath is a book on slam poetry, one of my passions. I also include parts of San Francisco that remind me of my childhood, with small details that also say a lot about my upbringing. I especially enjoyed how the glass door was shattered, but King Falafel still opened their doors to their loyal customers. I think small things like this, show a lot about San Francisco, and the influences i've had growing up here.

3 comments:

  1. Great series. i think that this series is great in the way of moving forward. i think that you have taken everything that worked for you in you're last couple of series and put that into one final series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really nice pictures Marcus. All of these pictures are very nicely shot and edited. I especially enjoy the picture of the broken glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your photos. I think you did a really good job of finding filters to recreate your childhood.

    ReplyDelete