Thursday, September 20, 2012

Depth 2










In this collection I attempted once again to capture depth in my photographs around my community, but this time through repetition, patterns, as well as near and far objects. In each photograph I also tried to tell a small story, or show some sort or mood that reflected on how I was feeling at the time. Although I added some effects to these photos to add to that mood, I also really wanted to catch a glimpse of reality, and show a contrast of beautiful and loathsome aspects of our community.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcus, I think you did a great job portraying depth through repetition and patterns in architecture and street art. I also like the idea of every image telling a story and I think you do a great job here conveying a specific theme through different angles and color tone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really liked the concept of telling a story based on your mood. My personal favorite has to be your second to last shot, with all those construction signs repeating. I think you have a good grasp on the topic. Only suggestion would be to try out some effects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the fresh ideas you're bringing to the depth project. Instead of just leading lines and repetition; you're using foreground and background, and even telling a story in some of your shots. Really good work.

    ReplyDelete