Wednesday, September 12, 2012






In this collection we focussed on leading lines and showing depth in each photograph. I did my best to find different types of lines to follow such as poles, streets, telephone wires, but mostly streets. It is much more difficult than expected to show depth in a picture using leading lines, because it is important to still have some content in the picture besides simply an ongoing line. I had a great deal of fun with this project and have already started adding leading lines into my other photographs because of the intrigue that depth adds to any photograph.

6 comments:

  1. you use the leading lines concept very well, but still defy expectations. almost everyone else (myself included a few times) had the perspective diminish from the bottom of the fram to the center of it. but you shook this cliche up a little, having the foreground be at one side, and the background at the other, or not having the lines continue into the horizon like with the cars front bumper, or not having definitive leading lines, but still giving the viewer a clear sense of depth like with the fire escapes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots! You have a good understanding of the subject and you exemplify it well in most of your photos. In some of them it takes me an extra second to see depth created, but overall nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff!! You have a knack for color and I love your ability to balance objects in a composition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love these, they are interesting and make me rethink the way I look at things on the street. I particularly like number 4 because it looks like the vines are spilling over the concrete like water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like the pole picture and the one of the curb. they both are perfect example of leading lines promoting the concept of depth. The editing and enhanced use of shadows were done really well and helped your pictures in a positive way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your photos! Not only do you focus on depth and leading the viewers eye from the front to the back of the image, but you also seem to accentuate the different textures of objects that I would not normally have every paid attention to.

    ReplyDelete